Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manually remove a CD from the slot or force the drive to stop attempting to read the disc?

I just recently got my computer back from some local repair techs after I was having some overheating issues on my 27' iMac. It appears that while they were cleaning out some dust, they bent the slot for my disc drive. They also happened to put a disc in the drive, which has been broken for some time now and can't read discs. The result? A disc that's stuck inside a drive the can't read it. What happens is my broken drive attempts to read the disc numerous times, fails to do so, attempts to eject the disc, fails to do that because of the bent slot, pulls the disc back inside, and repeat. It's starting to get extremely annoying and concerning and I'm wondering if there's any way that I can either force my disc drive to stop attempting to read the disc or manually remove the disc from its drive. If anyone has any information or experience regarding this subject, please help.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 7:31 AM

3 replies

How do I manually remove a CD from the slot or force the drive to stop attempting to read the disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.