Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts app and remote control

I have a question regarding the Apple's Podcasts app.

Is it possible to skip 15 seconds on the current track using the integrated controls on the Earpods or any other headphones? In Instacast it's as easy as pressing the center button twice (as if I wanted to listen to the next track in the Music app).

Until now all I can do is to skip the entire track or going to the previous one, which is useless.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:18 PM

This is a real issue! Now that the Podcasts app is integrated in the system, it should work with the apple headphone control standard! The lock screen controls are 15 seconds forward or backward, and the remote control should reflect that! Why should i have to take my iPhone out of my pocket and skip trough the lock screen if I am using Apple's earpods? Skipping to a completely different episode makes no sense for a podcast player, and it's not what it says on the lock screen controls. I really like Apple's podcasts app, so it would be nice to have this issue fixed!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 3:18 PM in response to Sherlock.Holmes

This is a real issue! Now that the Podcasts app is integrated in the system, it should work with the apple headphone control standard! The lock screen controls are 15 seconds forward or backward, and the remote control should reflect that! Why should i have to take my iPhone out of my pocket and skip trough the lock screen if I am using Apple's earpods? Skipping to a completely different episode makes no sense for a podcast player, and it's not what it says on the lock screen controls. I really like Apple's podcasts app, so it would be nice to have this issue fixed!

Podcasts app and remote control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.