Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software do I need to make a dvd? I am trying Toast right now in addition to iMovie with no luck.

MBP w/ Retina Display, 2.3 Ghz i7 16 GB OS X 10.9.4 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB.

1. We have dozens of video clips from our iPhones (4s and 5s) that we have imported into iMovie.

2. My wife has put together a couple projects using iMovie.

3. We own Toast Titanium.

4. We have made several dvds that aren't recognizable by the sony BR/dvd player in the house OR the Pioneer BDXL drive we're using to burn the dvds.

5. Tried burning at 480

6. Toast won't even let us drag the mp4 file from the desktop into the video window.

Is there a "manual" somewhere out there or a task list?

Or is my best bet to order a copy of iLife 11 and use iDVD?

Help us, Obi-wan. You're our only hope!

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 11:19 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2014 3:00 PM in response to bluedevilboy76

Buy iDVD.

Yes, there are other programs that will put a movie on a DVD. I have tried most of the other substitutes. None of them come anywhere near the ease-of-use and power of iDVD. IDVD is specifically designed to work with iMovie.

With iDVD you can easily and quickly create DVDs with menus and graphics almost on the level of what Hollywood can do.

IDVD is easy to get. It is available on disk as part of iLife 09 and 11.

IDVD is a wonderful piece of software and well worth the low cost of $40. (works with all Mac OS 10.5 and newer.)

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

What software do I need to make a dvd? I am trying Toast right now in addition to iMovie with no luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.