Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto is missing - 10.9.4

Hi,

I can not find iPhoto on my iMac (Maverix 10.9.4)

Even if I type "iPhoto" in search I get nothing.

I've tried opening App Store application and finding it there, but it has a price tag next to it. How come?

Isn't iPhoto free?
Please help me!

regards,

matej

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 1:03 PM

Log into the App Store with your Apple ID and check your Purchases list. If it's there, accept it and download it for free.

Is this a new machine?

9 replies

Jul 4, 2014 1:05 PM in response to flashonja

Is it a new Mac? iPhoto comes preinstalled on every recent new Mac. What was the MacOS X version that came with your Mac?

If your mac is older and came with system install DVDs, reinstall iPhoto from the DVD with the bundled applications. If your mac came with MacOS X 10.7. or later, you can reinstall iPhoto from the App Store. Sign into the Store with the AppleID you used when you first setup your Mac and open the "Purchased" tab of the App Store. iPhoto should be among your purchases.

Jul 5, 2014 5:47 AM in response to flashonja

If so what version? Did you recently install Mavericks and do an erase and install? I suspect you need to purchase iPhoto '11 version 9.5.x in the App store but with no information that is just a guess

I guess it went away when I installed Maverix.

Then as I guessed you must purchase iPhoto 9.5.x from the App store

LN

iPhoto is missing - 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.