Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load updated apps to updated 3g...

Am loading previously purchased apps from iTunes to a newly aquired old 3g. The apps were on my old 3g and are updated but the new 3g will not accept them. How can I get them on my phone? Thank you!

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 1:12 PM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2014 6:59 AM in response to Junglegirl

Hi Junglegirl,

If the current versions of the apps you are trying to install on your iPhone 3g are not compatible with the iOS version you have on that phone - this happens if the developers create versions for a new model or new version of iOS - that could cause the issue you are experiencing. I would suggest using this article for help -

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5919

Specifically -

Some earlier versions of apps may not be downloadable from the App Store if the app's developer has chosen not to make them available. If you don't see the version of the app you are looking for, contact the app developer for more information. The developer's contact information can be found on the app's product page on the App Store.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM in response to Brett L

Thank you, this sounds like it might be the issue as I've updated my apps online, but my old phone maxes out at 4.2.1...ancient. New prob is that even though I am logged in here with my apple id, am suddenly unable to log into the App Store with the same id. It's the same account. Super tedious. Any ideas why this would be and how to fix it? Thanks so much.

Unable to load updated apps to updated 3g...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.