Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer video from my iPad to PC

I am trying to transfer a video from my iPad to my PC. I tried the "Simple Transfer Pro" app, but it could not locate any videos on my ipad, only photos, yet I can play it, so I know it is there. Any reason why this would happen? Any help is appreciated!

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 4:49 PM

20 replies

Jul 5, 2014 1:58 PM in response to gregg1962

if they are in your camera roll try using the file browser. it is the same window you can see your c drive and other disc drives in. your ipad would be listed there and if you open the ipad from here you open internal storage>dcim then check the folder or folders listed for your video.

if its a download from the itunes store you will want to transfer purchases using itunes.

Jul 5, 2014 3:37 PM in response to gregg1962

How to Transfer Photos from an iPad to a Computer

http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Photos-from-an-iPad-to-a-Computer

Importing Personal Photos and videos from your iOS device to your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2729

Also check out the Photo Manager Pro app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-manager-pro/id393858562

Check out the Feem WiFi File Transfer app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/feem-wifi-file-transfer-free/id596378699?mt=8

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Jul 8, 2014 3:30 PM in response to gregg1962

Thanks to all of you who replied. I tried everything, but I still can't get them off my iPad. What the **** is this?? Getting really ******. I thought this was not supposed to happen on Apple products...user friendly and all. I can see the video listed on iTunes in "movies" under the Gregg's iPad column, but that is it. I can play the video also. Can't find it on the Cloud, either. Why?? This was a video I took of my Mother on my iPad, and she has since passed away. That's why I am trying like crazy to save this. Anyone else have any suggestions??

Jul 8, 2014 4:53 PM in response to gregg1962

this should work. if your on a windows computer then open up the folder "Computer"/"My PC". Next, find your idevices name and open it up like its a forler. Then open up the next file you see like its also a folder. Then try out any random folder untill you find your video. Then simply select and copy the video ( Ctrl + C) and paste it where you want it to be (Ctrl + P). That should work. P.S. Dont rename any folders.

Jul 9, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Minecrafter SV

Hello.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, both suggestions do not work. My device is not listed under my C drive (Computer), or, for that matter, any drive. I know that's strange because my computer obviously recognizes it as it shows up in iTunes. I can't e-mail because the e-mail icon does not show up when I tap the screen. Anyway, the file would be too large. Any other suggestions?

Jul 9, 2014 9:22 AM in response to gregg1962

gregg1962 wrote:

The only place I can see the video on my ipad is Videos only. What now??

Do you mean the Videos App? or the Videos Album in the Photos app?

If in the Videos App, there is no way to get it out from there. However if its in the Videos App it was transferred to the iPad via iTunes which suggests it existed somewhere else before hand.

If its in the Videos Album in the Photos App, then how did it get there? Was it taken with the iPad? Or downloaded from somewhere?

In which case it should be reachable through the Camera Wizard on Windows or iPhoto on a Mac.

Jul 10, 2014 9:11 AM in response to gregg1962

I am having a similar issue. I have never had any problems emailing videos and photos to myself but all of sudden it has stopped working. I have checked all my settings etc. but no luck! Even called tech support and they couldn't help me.......I have rebooted an also reset my iPad but still no luck. HELP?????

lendab

Jul 12, 2014 7:43 AM in response to lendab

if ones does not see the ios device under my computer in windows

where one can navigate into it and copy out images and video clips

then there is something wrong with the itunes install on the computer and reinstall is required

if it does show up and clicking on the video clip after one copy it to the computer does not play the clip one needs to install a player like vlc player which support playing the files

Jul 12, 2014 8:55 AM in response to Rudegar

I think what I stated was misunderstood but I did fix my issue by completely re installing the system. The problem was that if I tried to email a photo or video via share from my ipad I would get a response as though the item had been emailed but it would never arrive in the email. I am good to go again. Thanks for your responses.

Can't transfer video from my iPad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.