Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing ICloud email address

I changed my email address and Apple ID, but I cannot change my email address for I Cloud or access my I Cloud account on my I Phone 5 since I changed my email address and Apple ID.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 3:43 PM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2014 8:49 AM in response to SLammon

Hi SLammon,

You need to follow these instructions in order to change your iCloud account to your new Apple ID:

1. Sign on to Manage your Apple ID with your current Apple ID and password and EDIT your ID back to the old Apple ID email. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change your password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Delete Account. Type in your current Apple ID password when asked, and follow the prompts to delete the account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and sign on with the old ID and current password and EDIT the Apple ID back to your current Apple ID. You may need to verify it again

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign on with your current Apple ID and password

Cheers,

GB

Changing ICloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.