Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I launch iPhoto, I only see the most recently imported event - nothing else

I am still using iPhoto '08 (7.1.5), asI don't need any of the newer features.

However, for quite some time, whenever I launch iPhoto (or after importing new photos from my iPhone which automatically launches iPhoto), I only see the most recently imported event. There are no other events listed. If I open the iPhoto Library package, everything looks fine - all the photos are there.

I have tried launching iPhoto holding option-CMD and trying all options to rebuild - nothing helps.

Are there any Apple staff on these boards who can help? Guess I can just buy the latest version of iPhoto, and hope that fixes the problem, but I was hoping could help me figure this out (whether Apple staff or not).

Thanks

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 8:30 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2014 5:43 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks to both of you - turns out it was just my limited knowledge of the software... I finally found the answer here by continueally:

Re: iPhoto 08 only showing most recent import

Too bad the Apple Support site couldn't have figured out to refer me to that post - I had to Google many different phrases, it finally sent me to a site called likelyanswer.com, which sent me to the Apple Support site.

I wish Apple would pay attention to these comments to make their site and software better.

In any case, thanks to Larry and Linc - hope this thread may help others someday.

When I launch iPhoto, I only see the most recently imported event - nothing else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.