Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired keyboard issue after 10.9.4 update

Hello all,

I disconnected the Apple USB keyboard (A1243) from my MacBook Pro last night, and I started seeing an issue where my Mac would no longer power/recognize my keyboard once I reconnected it. I tried doing the steps to reset both SMC and PRAM, but still my keyboard would not work when connected. I decided to test the USB port so I connected my iPhone to it, and it connected and synched just fine. I also tested a USB drive on it and was able to copy files off it. I also took my Mac keyboard and connected it to a Windows 7 laptop, and it worked just fine. After looking at the console logs, I noticed this error showing up:

7/4/14 8:24:40.000 PM kernel[0]: USBF: 18393.519 AppleUSBHubPort::FatalError - Port 2 of Hub at 0x14200000 reported error 0xe00002c0 while doing setting port power

This shows each time I connect my Apple keyboard into the USB ports on my machine. I decided to try to connect the keyboard one last time just now and it finally worked. I was accidentally pressing the keys down as I connected it, and I started hearing beeping sounds from my speakers. A few seconds after that, the keyboard started typing and working correctly. I tried the same steps on the original USB port I had it on before (left side), but it's still not working at all. I suspect that this has to do with the new update I just installed as I did not have any issues before.

Many thanks,

Adrian C.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 8:46 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 5:31 PM in response to yoshiioko

Yes, I’m seeing this too. What is strange is that it began sometime after I switched to a retina MacBook Pro (mid-2015) that I connect to a 27" Apple Cinema Display (the mini-display port model). My wired Apple keyboard connects to the display, which connects to my MBP. It's all the more strange that I didn't see this problem for the first few days after I started using the new MBP -- it was only after I returned after a 2 week trip to Europe.

Wired keyboard issue after 10.9.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.