Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to ios 7.1.2, phone won't sync with itunes

I'm using a macbook pro with mavericks as well as the latest version of itunes (11.2.2). I had some minor issues with my iphone 4s and was told by a guy at the apple store to update to ios 7.1.2 (from ios 7), and since this whenever I try to sync (via usb cable) it gets stuck at 'waiting for items to copy'/'waiting for changes to be applied'. Cancelling the sync causes itunes to freak out and I end up having to turn everything off and on again to no avail, with no new items being copied to my phone at all.

Is there anything I can do at all? Would it just be simpler for me to somehow undo the update to ios 7.1.2?

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 4:53 AM

16 replies

Jul 9, 2014 2:24 AM in response to stella t

Have you tried resetting the phone? I.e. Hold down the sleep/wake button and the Home button together, keep them pressed until the Apple logo appears, then release them and allow the phone to boot up normally. Then try the sync again and see if it works.

If it still won't sync - What exact version of iOS 7 did you upgrade from? 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.1, 7.1.1, etc.? How did you do the upgrade, over-the-air directly to the handset or via iTunes?

Also, have you tried doing a Wi-Fi sync to iTunes or only USB?

Aug 11, 2014 8:26 AM in response to Wendy-Woo

I spent an hour on the phone with an apple care technician. We did a manual uninstall, went to apple website, downloaded latest s/w, did iTunes setup, in library we deleted apple mobile device. Now I realize my notes are crud. but we did an uninstall and and re-install I think it was iTunes and I think I had to do it twice. Maybe someone else who's done it has more details, but it's back normal now with the new s/w. Try getting an appointment with apple care. I asked for one and without charge since their s/w bungled up my phone.

Sep 16, 2014 2:41 AM in response to sbruneii

Please provide more information about your setup: iTunes on Windows or Mac? What version of iTunes?

When you say you "can't sync" do you mean the iPad doesn't appear in iTunes when you connect it or does it appear but give some error when you attempt the sync operation?

If it gives you an error message when syncing, what does it say?

If the iPad doesn't even appear in iTunes and you are using iTunes on Windows then read iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

If that doesn't work and the iPad still doesn't appear then try iTunes: How to reset the Lockdown folder.

Sep 16, 2014 9:32 AM in response to David Shanahan

Hi David, thks for your response.

I have itunes on Mac, my iTunes version is 11.4

When I try to sync my iPad it appears on iTunes but everything crashes, I have to disconnect my IPAD manually and force quit iTunes because it does not respond. This started happening when I updates my IPAD to IOS 7.1.2. I have tried changing the iTunes version but same thing happens, looks like my IPAD is the one not working because I have an older IPAD that works perfectly fine.

Thks for the help.

Bruno

Since updating to ios 7.1.2, phone won't sync with itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.