Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhoto library is damaged what are some restore options?

My iPhoto library got damaged and iPhoto won't start. So I need to create a new library but before I delete my old library how can I using show package contacts grab the settings like folder names and pictures and albums and put them into my new library if at all possible?

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 5:37 AM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2014 5:40 AM in response to PokemonFan1987

You can not

your best solution is to restore your backup from before this happened

if that is not possible (you really must always have a goif your data inclding yoru photos has any value at all to you) then Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - from the resulting first aid window repair permissions and if necessary rebuild your database

If that does not resolve the issues download iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - and use the free trial's rebuild command to create a totally new library leaving the existing one intact for any future needs

LN

Jul 5, 2014 9:54 AM in response to PokemonFan1987

My iPhoto library got damaged and iPhoto won't start.

Is it your library that won't open or iPhoto that won't launch at all. As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and try to create a new, test library. Can you?

Also with the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution without guessing. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

my iPhoto library is damaged what are some restore options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.