Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Pro 2013 (6 Core D500 Fire Pro) Killed two Apple 24" LED displays within one week

I'd been using two Apple 24" LED Cinema displays on my old 2009 Mac Pro without issue. Within one month of using them on my new Mac Pro they're both completely dead. I've tried them on a number of other computers in the house and aside from an occasional flicker, there is no image in either one. They still show up in System Preferences as attached, but no actual picture. The issue started slowly on one first. The monitor showed dark shadows at the bottom of the screen in a pattern. Within a few days of seeing that pattern the first monitor died. I plugged in a Thunderbolt display to replace the dead monitor and suddenly the 2nd of the two 24" LED displays started showing the pattern. Today it died. So in less than two weeks, two monitors completely fried by my new state of the art Mac Pro. Any ideas of what may have caused this? I've got an appointment with my local store, but I didn't know if anyone else has experienced this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 7:05 AM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2014 9:07 PM in response to nsjackson

I called Apple support when I first started noticing issues with the displays (random brightness changes, color profiles changing suddenly, and occasionally flicking off) - the support tech told me it was a known issue with 10.9.3 and the Late 2013 Mac Pro. Told me to hold tight till they fixed the bug.

I agree that it's conceivable that two displays could die within a brief time, but not so conceivable to believe that it's a complete random 'luck' that they both died within two days of each other (and within 30 days of using on my new Mac Pro). The odds of that are pretty astronomical. The tech I spoke with from Apple care agreed fwiw.

New Mac Pro 2013 (6 Core D500 Fire Pro) Killed two Apple 24" LED displays within one week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.