Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into iCloud.com anymore

Ever since the epoch of the iOS 7/iOS 80's era, I have been unable to log into iCloud.com. At the time, I just figured it was a technical bug that would be sorted out in time, and I haven't had an occasion to log in since then. I'm trying to now, to troubleshoot why iCloud is arbitrarily deleting contacts from my iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.3) and I get this message when logging in with my Apple ID: "Your Apple ID must be used to set up iCloud on an iOS or OS X device before you can use iCloud.com"

This is the same thing it said to me the day they switched the visuals of the site to match iOS 7. Any insight?

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 10:02 AM

7 replies

Jul 8, 2014 2:02 PM in response to NeoNirvana

NeoNirvana wrote:

Well this s u c k s.

Also, why is that a banned word...?

Because the full version of the expression is that word followed by the popular short name for the name 'Richard' (beginning with a D), so it's the connotation of what the action in the first word is being applied to. I suppose there are those who would quibble about the use of the term to mean 'highly unsatisfactory', but it's just a matter of taste.

Jul 22, 2014 7:45 AM in response to NeoNirvana

Yes I also have this problem!

I'm trying to log into iCloud from my wifes computer using Safari (have also tried chrome) but it won't let me in??

My email and password are 100% correct and yet every time I try to log I get this message.....

"Your Apple ID must be used to set up iCloud on an iOS or OS X device before you can use iCloud.com"

User uploaded file

I can log into my email no problems with my iPhone 4 and I can log into my Apple ID account online no worries.... I just can't get into iCloud????

Help help help

:-)

Aug 4, 2014 7:15 AM in response to NeoNirvana

Hi NeoNirvana,

Thought I'd let you know that Ive kind of fixed this problem, although it's not the result I was looking for. Basicslly i set set up my iCloud account in the "Mail" app on my MacBook and instantly I was able to use the web version again. As I said this is not the fix I was looking for as this is my wife's MacBook and she'd rather not have all my emails cluttering her inbox.

Anyway i thought the whole idea with webmail and iCloud is that it doesn't matter who's or what type of computer I'm on I can always log in with a web browser??

I dont know??

Anyway try setting up iCloud in ur Mail app (which is actually very handy anyway) and it may fix the problem.

• Start up Mail.
  • Go to File->Add Account.
  • Select iCloud and follow instructions.

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,

ra.skill

Can't log into iCloud.com anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.