Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPod that I need to transfer the pictures from to my new computer how can I do that.

My computer crashed and the only place I have my pictures is on my iPod, how can I get them to my computer? I've tried syncing the iPod to the computer but that doesn't work.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 1:57 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2014 3:07 PM in response to Kmuff

There are apps for your iPod such as Simple Transfer Pro (they also have a free cut-down version which you could try : Simple Transfer) which can copy photos back from a device via your wifi network (those two apps require iOS 5+ on the device). But when you sync photos to a device they are 'optimised', so what you copy back may not be exactly the same as what you originally synced to it (e.g. different dimensions, colours may look different).

I have an old iPod that I need to transfer the pictures from to my new computer how can I do that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.