Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I open iPhoto with the new update?

I just updated my laptop to the newest software and now my iPhoto won't open. When I try and click on it, it says '' You can't use this version of the application "iPhoto" with this version of OS x'' so i tried to upgrade the iPhoto software from 9.1.5 and it says I can open it with my current version of iPhoto, but it wont let me. HELP

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 2:23 PM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2014 2:29 PM in response to manishasodhi

Actually we need details to answer

most likely you have an older version of iPhoto and need to update (if you have anyh version of iPhoto '11 - version 9.x.x) or purchase an upgrade if yhou have an older version of iPhoto

What update did you just make? What version of iPhoto do you have? What version of the OS do you have?

LN

Jul 5, 2014 2:43 PM in response to manishasodhi

This screenshot shows which previous versions of iPhoto are compatible with Mavericks. It also indicates which versions qualify for a free upgrade to iPhoto 9.5.1 and which require a purchase:

User uploaded file

Note 1: every day more users are reporting problems with iPhoto 8.1.2 so I've included it in the non compatible category.

Note 2: If your previous version of iPhoto was iPhoto 7 (08) or earlier you'll need to download and run the iPhoto Library Upgrader 1.1 application on the library before opening it with iPhoto 9.5.1

User uploaded file

Why can't I open iPhoto with the new update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.