Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-Apple battery replacement.

Hello

I'm from Mexico, and i have an iPod Touch 4G at 800MHz, 256MB RAM, 8GB of storage capacity, on iOS 6.1.6.

The battery get dead, but before that was charging perfectly.

When the battery got dead, i took the iPod to technical service, don't know if it's Apple authorized, i requested a battery replacement, when the battery was showed to me, noticed that the APN of the new battery was 616-0553, instead of the Apple original, 616-0552.

When the battery was replaced, the battery was discharged, i took the iPod and tryed to charge it, but it took 4 hours approximatedly to turn on, when it turned on, showed the following message: "Charging is not supported with this accessory".

I have tryed with 3 different Apple original cables and chargers, but was unsucessful.

When i leave the iPod connected, shows the same message, but when the time passes, it gains charge, but if i use it when connected, it starts to discharge, and the battery have lower duration.

Took the iPod to the same place where the battery got replaced, i have 30 days of warranty.

They say me the problem is where the cable goes, don't know if in English is Charge center or dock connector.

But iTunes does all the normal actions, except charging normally.

They don't want to give me warranty because is "another problem". But before all was charging perfectly.

What can be the problem? The battery or the dock?

I tryed the following troubleshooting steps:

Restoring.

Cleaning the dock connector and headphone jack.

Change of cable/charger.

Thanks for reading this.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 7:16 PM

If you are using an Apple cable and the iPod functions correctly connected to iTunes on your computer, then the problem is with the battery, not the dock connector. The repair shop needs to fix the iPod with the correct battery.

If the repair shop is not an Apple Authorized Service Provider, Apple will not fix the iPod now that it has been opened.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2014 7:16 PM in response to LeoAGM

If you are using an Apple cable and the iPod functions correctly connected to iTunes on your computer, then the problem is with the battery, not the dock connector. The repair shop needs to fix the iPod with the correct battery.

If the repair shop is not an Apple Authorized Service Provider, Apple will not fix the iPod now that it has been opened.

Non-Apple battery replacement.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.