Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 inch Mac book pro w/ Retina. Screen randomly goes black for about 20 seconds (except the mouse and volume control) then comes back on where I left off

I have a 2014 Mac book pro 13 inch with retina and recently the screen will randomly turn black for about 20 seconds, give or take. It's happened multiple times now while using different applications and I'm nervous it won't come back on! I can move the mouse and see it, and also change the brightness/volume and that shows up too, but I get that "dunk" noise when I hit any other keys (space, arrows, letters..) I've tried using key commands and nothing makes it turn back on until it wants to. I even thought it might be the connection but wiggling my screen doesn't do anything and it's weird that I can still see the mouse perfectly. Help!

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 6:47 PM

2 replies

13 inch Mac book pro w/ Retina. Screen randomly goes black for about 20 seconds (except the mouse and volume control) then comes back on where I left off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.