Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get Macithappen off of Macbook pro

I probably downloaded something but now I have macithappen on my laptop and can't get it off. I looked up how to do it but all I get is solutions for windows computers. Mac

I have a OS X 10.9.3 and probably posted this under the wrong community.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:07 PM

Looks like it somehow installed on my Mac as an extension. Really annoying and I am not sure how it got there. With Safari open, click on Safari in the menu bar, then preferences, then extensions. You should see MacITHappen as an extension you can remove and then restart OS X. You may also want to reset your browser too.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 3:07 PM in response to AchillesWolf

Looks like it somehow installed on my Mac as an extension. Really annoying and I am not sure how it got there. With Safari open, click on Safari in the menu bar, then preferences, then extensions. You should see MacITHappen as an extension you can remove and then restart OS X. You may also want to reset your browser too.

Jul 14, 2015 6:21 AM in response to Axinater

I wouldn't recommend a download that wasn't trustworthy. Perhaps you should look into what AdwareMedic does instead of making unsubstantiated claims.

For this particular adware, yes, it is that easy to remove, and a third party app isn't necessary for adware that makes itself that easy to find and get rid of. Others are far more invasive and require digging through the system to get rid of all of the pieces. And it gets harder when they keep changing the names and locations of the files they install, such as Genieo does.

Get Macithappen off of Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.