Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto

I just bought a new Mac Book Pro with OSX 10.9.4 installed. I just did a software update and now iPhoto is damaged and will not open. Any ideas on how to fix this? I skipped Setup Assistant and was going to use Migration Assistant, but do not want to unless iPhoto is working correctly. Any advice is truly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 8:27 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2014 6:33 AM in response to monkeytina

we need details to assist - we can not see your computer - what version of iPhtoo do you hae? what exactly happens? Why do you think iPhoto is damaed? Do not use migration assistance to move the iPhoto library - it has a very poor track record with the iPhoto library - Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) or use an external hard drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.