Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod won't let me download any apps, how do I fix this?

My iPod won't let me download anymore apps, I don't know what'a happening. My usage tells me that I have 18.1 GB available. But when I tried backing up it told me I needed 1.7 GB of storage to complete the back up. Does anyone know what's happening?

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 10:56 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2014 3:14 AM in response to RosalieCruz222

You seem to have to two problems.

- If you are syncing to iTunes the first step is backing up the iPod. The message "I tried backing up it told me I needed 1.7 GB of storage to complete the back up." is indicating that you do not have enough storage/free disk space on the computer to do the backup. Free up some disk space on the computer.

- If you are backing up to iCloud then the message means yo do not have enough iCloud storage. See:

----Managing your iCloud storage

---- iCloud: Upgrade your iCloud storage

---- iCloud: Troubleshooting creating backups

If you are downloading apps directly from the app store what exactly happens when yo try?

Jul 6, 2014 10:32 AM in response to RosalieCruz222

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>iTunes and App Store and sign out and sign back in

- Download apps on computer and sync

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

My iPod won't let me download any apps, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.