Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to load an fx chain without writing over the channel strip?

Hey peeps.

Is it possible to load an instrument from a channel strip without deleting all the fx on that channel?

Same question applies when being able to load a chain of fx over an instrument thats already loaded, without writing over the whole channel strip?

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Hi

benjigordon wrote:

Same question applies when being able to load a chain of fx over an instrument thats already loaded, without writing over the whole channel strip?

You can load other types of channel strip setting ( i.e. Audio/Aux etc) on an Instrument channel (without losing the existing Instrument plug) by holding down Option whilst click-holding on the Channel Strip Setting drop down.

CCT

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2014 9:28 AM in response to benjigordon

Hi

benjigordon wrote:

You can load other types of channel strip setting ( i.e. Audio/Aux etc) on an Instrument channel (without losing the existing Instrument plug) by holding down Option whilst click-holding on the Channel Strip Setting drop down.

CCT

Jul 7, 2014 11:08 AM in response to benjigordon

i think i know what i might be.

if you have a chain of fx on an instrument channel and save it as an channel strip it won't work loading over another instrument.

you have to manually transfer the fx chain to an audio track, THEN save as a channel strip.

THEN.. if you alt click setting and load a channel strip it won't erase the instrument...

This is a loooong winded process and just gets in the way of being quick and spontaneous..

How to load an fx chain without writing over the channel strip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.