Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! Need help on mail can't send or receive tried Bal checked everything I can think of any suggestions? Thank you

HI need help on mail Mac OS X leopard- can't send or receive anymore have tried checking Bal etc -everything seems ok- there is just a weird icon next to in box a sort of bell which I believe means no mail setup but I'm stuck any suggestions are welcome thank you regards

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Hello, could it be a triangle with an explanation point in it? That means it's offline for some reason.

Is it POP or IMAP account(s)?

In Mail's Window Menu, choose Connection Doctor, any red dots for status, if so what is the exact message?

Then click the Show Details button & Check again.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2014 11:56 AM in response to moona77

Hello, could it be a triangle with an explanation point in it? That means it's offline for some reason.

Is it POP or IMAP account(s)?

In Mail's Window Menu, choose Connection Doctor, any red dots for status, if so what is the exact message?

Then click the Show Details button & Check again.

Jul 30, 2014 9:57 AM in response to BDAqua

HI!!?sorry for making you wait for my reply- I should Have said from the beginning that the issue wasńt mine but a friends' who doesn't speak English/ after trying again and tons of head scratchings later hé decided to call the provider

i want to thank you for help which I appreciated very much!

moora

Hi! Need help on mail can't send or receive tried Bal checked everything I can think of any suggestions? Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.