Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7.1.2 update + iPhone 4s = 1% battery and never charging.

I recently did the update to 7.1.2 on my iPhone 4s. The issue I have had since then has been the battery reading 1%. It has been left on the charger with no change in status. Did the simple restart with the home button and power/lock button, still the same. Went into settings and did the restart through settings, still the same. I have done everything short of a restore. The problem lies that I am in Los Angeles and my computer is in New Jersey. Is there a fix for the issue that I am having without having to do a complete restore to my phone? Please help as it is my life line while I am out here.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 8:15 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2014 5:37 AM in response to Rkrider09

HI everybody

I Think i read about this issue somewhere that the one ruined is a small particle near your phone battery

cause: third party unnaproved cables and power adaptor

the thing is that you can't actually ask apple support / genius bar (as far as i know) to replace "the particle"

all you can do is replace the battery and keep it with care (the issue was that the iphone ran out of battery and cannot recharge, as long as it doesn't ran out of battery you"ll be fine)

hope it help

Jul 9, 2014 2:23 PM in response to Rkrider09

Hello Rkrider09,

This may be a simple case of a mismatch between the battery's actual state and the state reported by your battery indicator.

This solved my question by Philly_Phan on Jun 21, 2012 4:43 PM

Philly_Phan

It's probably the battery indicator, not the battery itself. Run it down until it shuts down automatically. Ignore any low battery alerts that appear. Then, charge it overnight with the 10W charger. That should clear things for you.

My IPad doesn't charge 100%

See the answer in context

My IPad doesn't charge 100%

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4047393

Cheers,

Allen

Jul 11, 2014 1:47 AM in response to Rkrider09

I believe this is a software problem with 7.1.2 as too many people suddenly have this problem right after "upgrading" to 7.1.2

Today my iPhone 4S was showing 1% for a long time and so I shut everything down. It was still showing 1% when I got home and plugged into the charger - straight to 51%

Try doing a reset by holding the power and home button at the same time. I don't believe this will fix it as it seems to me to be a problem with 7.1.2

7.1.2 update + iPhone 4s = 1% battery and never charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.