Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What laptop should I purchase?

I'm planing on buying a laptop from apple, however I am unclear as to which model I should purchase. I will be using this laptop for school, music, pictures, social media, and an occasional website game. With the information given what type of computer should I buy? (details please) Also should I wait for the new 2014 model? I have a budget of around $1500-$2000 most likely only $1500 ( btw I need AppleCare). Thank you!

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 7:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2014 7:29 AM in response to Community User

Go to the Store button top left of this page and then Mac and the MacBooks to see the different models and prices.

Then ask yourself, what size screen do you want, the 11", 13", 15", what weight is important, the Air or Pro weights, what resolution, standard or Retina, and how much ram and storage are important?

First list those things and priorities, then look at the prices so you see what you can get for $1500+AppleCare.

Jul 7, 2014 8:34 PM in response to Community User

Apple recently introduced the new MacBook Airs and dropped the prices by $100. Best Buy has been offering additional discounts on the Air. Prices start around $850.

When you purchase, be aware that the size of the drive and RAM cannot be changed on some laptops.

Get at least 8GB RAM.

Even getting the larger Air drive, you might find you need more space for your music and photos. Get an external USB 3.0 drive to hold your large files.

This site http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/is a great place to check. You don't want to buy then find out a new version is coming out shortly after purchase.

What laptop should I purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.