Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast does not show up in search results

Hi. I have a podcast titled Gaming and Then Some. It has been active on iTunes since last year (approximately 8 months). I recently switched hosts (from Podomatic to Soundcloud), and had the previous host add in iTunes New Feed URL tag in the RSS feed so that I wouldn't have to resubmit my podcast and have to change the name. Everything is working great, updating and all that. I know this because I check whenever I upload a new episode.

The problem is with searching the podcast. It does not show up in search results no matter what I do, but it's in the iTunes store and it updates. There's a weird thing that happens that say the podcast is not in the U.S. store, and I'm not sure why that is happening, either.

I had the tag added to the feed over a month ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 9:56 AM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2014 11:16 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the assistance!

The feed is here: http://gats.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

The store URL is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gaming-and-then-some/id744125948 (the same you got in Google)

And that what is confusing me. As far as I know, the URL should not have changed from the one I received when the podcast was approved last year. The feed seems fine. It's still updating when I load up episodes to Soundcloud. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Jul 6, 2014 12:37 PM in response to thewoundgod

The URL you first gave has a server redirect in place to the other URL. This feed works OK when subscribing manually in iTunes. However your Store page URL is dead, and it looks as if your podcast has been removed from the Store. Possible reasons for this would include inability to connect to the feed for a period, strong or sexual language when the 'explicit' tag is not set to 'yes', or the use of copyright music.

Podcast does not show up in search results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.