Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto is not getting updated due to wrong apple id. I want to uninstall it and reinstall it. How can i do it?

iphoto is not getting updated due to wrong apple id. I want to uninstall it and reinstall it. How can i do it?

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 11:15 AM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2014 11:51 AM in response to jaineha

To be able to update or reinstall iPhoto you have to sign into the App Store with the Apple ID that has been used to originally install or accept it (sign out and in again with the other ID from the Store menu). Is that one of your own Apple IDs? If you are not the owner of the Apple ID that the installed iPhoto is tied to, let the owner update iPhoto. If that is not possible, move iPhoto to the Trash and buy it yourself from the App Store.

Jul 7, 2014 10:32 AM in response to jaineha

Is it possible as with whose id this was updated previously?

Do you mean, find out the AppleID, that was used to install iPhoto? No, not directly, only indirectly, by signing into the App Store with each of your Apple IDs, and checking the "Purchased" page of the AppStore. If you are seeing iPhoto among your "Purchases", you'll have found the correct Apple ID:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.