Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator - Certificate Expiry after 1 year

Hi,

We are deploying around 250 iPhones into our business. The staff who will be using them are located at various locations in the UK.

We will be using the Apple Configurator v1.5 (on Mavericks) to install the meraki mdm profile onto them so we can manage them over the air going forwards.

We will not be installing any apps via the configurator.

https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base/bulk-enrollment-of-ios-devices-in-systems-m anager-using-apple-configurator-v14-or-earlier

I have noticed that the Apple Configurator installs a self signed certificate on the iPhone that expires after 1 year.

My question (and concern) is:

What happens to the device after the Apple Configurator certificate expires?

Will I still be able to mange it/will apps stop working? Should I expect certificate errors to pop up on the device etc....

I have seen this question posed on the Apple forums last year, but there was no definitive answer given in the replies.

I'd be grateful if any can advice if they have faced a similar scenario.

I have put the question to meraki tech support - but since they are not Apple experts I don't expect they will know, but I await their response.

Thanks

egerald

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 12:39 PM

1 reply

Apple Configurator - Certificate Expiry after 1 year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.