Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refreshing podcasts causes crashes, memory bleed. Win 7, 64 bit, iTunes 11.2.2.3

I am absolutely at my wits end with this one. Ever since iTunes "updated" the way it handles podcast I have not been able to refresh my podcasts.

When I hit the refresh button, iTunes appears to freeze, and if I open my task manager I can watch the memory use skyrocket from around 200 mb to more than 1.5 GB before I get an error that my library cannot save because there's not enough memory and I have to force quit my way out of iTunes.

If I try to update podcasts individually it still causes memory bleed. Each podcast adds to the rising memory, and it does not drop after that podcast is finished syncing. I'm forced to close itunes before it crashes just to get the library to save.

This is extremely frustrating and I haven't been able to figure out anything that makes a difference in the settings. I've done a full uninstall of all Apple programs and reinstalled.

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 1:24 PM

There are no replies.

Refreshing podcasts causes crashes, memory bleed. Win 7, 64 bit, iTunes 11.2.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.