Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont get all my sequence rendered.

im having a problem when rendering my project, my sequence size is 36min but when i export i only get 29.03 minutes every time i try, mi sequence files are from a 60d and i want to export to prores lt, ive tried making a new sequence, making some changes and saving it but i keeps rendering only 29.03, i dont render in current settings because fcp hasnt worked well to me with mp4 files. Im desperate and will thank any help

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 2:44 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2014 3:46 PM in response to Moverlysh

What version of FCP are you using?

Click on one of the camera source clips in the FCP browser to select it, and once selected, type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties here, or take a screen shot and post that screen shot here.

Next, click anywhere in your sequence timeline and type Command + 0 {zero} to see you Sequence Settings. Either report those settings here or take a screen shot of the Sequence Settings and post the screen shot here.

FCP version 7 and below do not work correctly with elements that are H.264. Using them often produces unexpected results. The correct workflow is to convert the source H.264 flies to ProRes first, and then bring those converted flies into FCP 7 to edit in a ProRes timeline.

MtD

Jul 6, 2014 4:20 PM in response to Meg The Dog

i have fcp 7.0.3 i know it doesnt work quite well with h.264 footage ive been working with it for a year and never had this problem. What i do is work in the footage settings that is 1920x1080 30fps h.264 codec and when i render i export to 1920x1080 30fps prores lt codec. This is the first time i export and i dont get the whole sequence rendered, only those 29.03 mins.

Jul 6, 2014 5:37 PM in response to Moverlysh

Mark an in and out point slightly before and after the missing clip. Try exporting that. Does it work then?

If not, re-edit the clip to the timeline and try again. Does that work?

If not, can you mark an in and out on the missing clip in the viewer and export/covert it from there?

If so, then import the ProRes file that you exported that is short, and the file you exported with missing clip, edit them together on a ProRes timeline and export without conversion.

MtD

I dont get all my sequence rendered.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.