Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add row to table in keynote

I started a table and adjusted the row height on each row to my liking. I want to add another row of the same height to the bottom of the table. How can I do this?

Adding a row below the last cell shrinks the height of every cell. I do not want the shrinking! How do I add a row without shrinking the rows? Using Keynote version 6.2

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 1:54 PM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2014 7:46 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I have already clicked and dragged the rows to a specific height (by eyeing it, not by entering values). I want a new row while preserving the heights of the previous rows. If I do it your way, then the next time I Add Row Below, the rows shrink and are no longer the height at which I specified. I would then have to re-enter the height in the inspector. This takes a while if I want rows of different heights. Also, since I made the row heights by eye, I would first have to write down all the row heights before adding a row. Then after adding a row (and thereby shrinking all the rows), I would then have to re-enter the heights I wrote down to get the table the way it was before.

I just want a way to append one row to the bottom of an existing table without altering the table at all. Keep in mind that each row may be a different height, and that I don't know what number corresponds to each row height.

Add row to table in keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.