Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1.2 download corruption

Is there anyway to fix this so that I can actually update my the OS on my iPhone 4S?

I know there are no issues with my net settings (Reset them when updating to 7.1 and never changed since), tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, and know that I dont have any issues with my connection. Every attempt today in trying to update has ended in the download completing and the dialog box popping up to say the file was corrupted when processing started. This has been a problem with every update I have attempted since 7.1 came out and its beginning to wear incredibly thin on my tolerance for some of the stuff Apple decides to pull.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 2:18 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 1:20 PM in response to braden85

I too have the corrupted download of IOS 7.1.2. I have performed a hard reset. That was not expected to do anything since I get the corrupted download message long before the attempt to install the new OS.

I have tried to perform the download form two different sites (with different internet providers) and with two different machines. And several times each. All to no avail.

Please help.

Jul 10, 2014 1:50 PM in response to Mac.Dee

yes. I only use Itunes on my computers to manage IOS upgrades.

I tried only downloading to the computer for later installation.

I have not tried direct wireless installation of IOS 7.1.2 (or any other). And I will avoid it at all costs.

I have an iPhone 5.

And this is the worst download experience in my IOS history (3 iPads and 6 iPhones over the years). Occasionally, I have had one bad download, but this is successive and now perhaps 10 attempts.

Jul 10, 2014 1:57 PM in response to SteveKinsey

Close iTunes.

Go to Control Panel>Folder Option>View>Hidden Files and Folders> Tick show hidden files and folder

Navigate to

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Delete the corrupted firmware. Open back iTunes and connect the device and retry to update it again. It will redownload it and hope it won't be corrupted again.

iOS 7.1.2 download corruption

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.