Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to record a video while music app is playing

HI, I couldn't find the answer anywhere, and maybe it's not a common question.

I need to record a video with the camera app, but I need the music app (or whatever app, like spotify) to keep playing the song in the background, because I want to record the song as well. But the default behavior, when you choose video mode, is to stop the music from playing.

I am asking this because the iPad is the only thing I got with me at the moment, so I need everything done with it (the music playing and the camera recording)

Is that even possible, or the default behavior cannot be bypassed?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 7:55 PM

Thanks for the help Demo.

I am gonna have to find another way to do this then, because the iMovie solution is not exactly what I need, and I was imagining that the default behavior could not be override.

Thanks again 🙂

3 replies

Jul 6, 2014 3:29 PM in response to fernando2112

You cannot override the default behavior. The music app stops so that you can record your own audio as the video is being recorded. Apps like iMovie for iOS will allow you to add music tracks to the video. I am not familiar with how iMovie works, but I know that you can do it. I would imagine that there are other apps that have this functionality as well.

I need to record a video while music app is playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.