Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not recognize iPod Classic 80GB. Have tried all the basics.

As title above. I have used the iPod with this computer in the past. About a week ago, it said it needed to restore, that's happened before, no problem.

I restore the iPod to factory settings, iTunes freezes up, locks up entire computer. I restart PC, now iPod is not listed in iTunes as being there. Computer still recognizes it, and it shows on my Computer. I run Vista if that matters.

I have tried resetting the iPod. I have run ScanDisk on it. I have un-installed and re-installed iTunes. I have switched it to a different USB port, although since the computer recognizes it, I wasn't sure how that could be a problem, but I did it anyway because I was running out of ideas. Nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 3:27 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2014 2:51 PM in response to wesleytj

Hello, wesleytj.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you have tried some troubleshooting steps already with the issue persisting. Try the section labeled Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed > For Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 > Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver. If the issue persists, try all remaining steps in the article.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Cheers,

Jason H.

iTunes will not recognize iPod Classic 80GB. Have tried all the basics.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.