Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the charging cable affect battery life?

I got my iPhone 5s less than 3 months ago, and I'm having battery life issues. My stock charging cable broke on me, and when I changed cables that's when it went wrong. The phone just can't hold a charge, It can be idle for 30 minutes and lose 10 percent of battery life. Before I could go eight hours with moderate use and it would still be at 50%. Now, if I have moderate use for say 5 hours, the phone dies. Any suggestions? Can switching back to a basic Apple lightning USB charging cable help?

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 8:15 PM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2014 1:50 AM in response to Coaco98

Using an other 3rd party USB cable or adapter than the one that came with the phone, can damage your battery. That's why Apple strongly recommends buying Apple certified accessory.

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Provider to get your phone checked, or contact Apple Support, your device is still under warranty.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Can the charging cable affect battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.