Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks bootcamp - second monitor not working correctly

I upgraded to Mavericks on the weekend. I was running Mountain Lion 10.6.8 previously on my 2011 Macbook Pro.

I use a second monitor, hooked up to my display port using a display port to HDMI adaptor. My second monitor is a Samsung SAT23A350.

I installed boot camp years ago, running Windows 7 and have had no issues until now.

When using Mountain Lion, I could boot into Windows and the second monitor would work fine. After the Mavericks installation, when booting into Windows the second monitor displays the image but the image won't take up the full screen - there is a black area around the image and the image itself also appears to be 'compressed'. The resolution being output is 1920x1080, the resolution of the monitor. Checking the input on the monitor confirms this. The display works fine when booting into OSX. How do I get it working correctly again?

I've tried the following

- installing the latest Samsung monitor drivers

- installing the latest graphics card drivers

- restarting the computer

- unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 7:36 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2014 9:05 AM in response to eaj001

99% sure it has nothing to do with mavericks the windows part would not even "know" osx changed

somewhere you need to change some best scale or native res or something like that in the windows display settings

got my iMac with lion and installed to win7 64bit and then updated to mtn lion and then the windows to 8 and then to mavericks and then windows 8.1

never had any update of each partition affect or even noticed or changed the other one they live 100% separate lives

Mavericks bootcamp - second monitor not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.