Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my sounds sound very low and muffled

okay so i hooked up my normal setup through MainStage 3 and for some apparent reason out of the blue my sounds were not generating right. they sound very muffled and very low... i checked my volume and my highs and lows and everything was fine.. i tried killing the app and i shut down my computer but still nothing changed it sounds bad and i use it very often can someone please help?

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 7:40 PM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:17 PM in response to CJValentin

New to forum. Viewing to find out why the first instrument in a patch I created, which has a couple layered instruments, goes very quiet when I select Expression as a filtered component under the MIDI Input tab. So this may be something you've changed recently to result in low sounds.

Figured it should be quite straighforward and commonplace to assign Expression (pedal) to just one of the instruments in the patch. Things seem fine when I first do this, but upon saving, quitting Mainstage 3 and starting the program/concert back up - the instrument(s) with Expression filtered are 'permanently' quiet - no way to bring volume up - regardless of expression pedal position. Upon de-selecting Expression, instrument volume comes back as desired, but of course with no Expression capabilities.

Sorry if already covered - again, new to forum. Thanks

my sounds sound very low and muffled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.