Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to sign in to imessage on my ipod touch 4th gen it keeps making me type my password in and wont sign me in to imessage any suggestions?

so I can't sign in to my imessages. I was signed in til now and now when I try to sign in I keeps making me type my password again. When I type my username and password for my apple ID and try to sign in it takes me to this place that says people will message you with your email address is that okay so I tap next and it takes me back to the password typing in stage and it keeps doing this for forever and won't sign me in I need some help thank you.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 9:13 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2015 1:46 AM in response to Ralphonso4356

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Try when connected to another network

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

when i try to sign in to imessage on my ipod touch 4th gen it keeps making me type my password in and wont sign me in to imessage any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.