Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong usage space for camera roll.

HI,

I am on holiday now and needed to cree up some space on my ipad2 (32GB).

so I started to upload all of my photos and videos in my camera roll to BOX

but strangly when I then go to Usage in Settings I don't see that the space is removed, even if I did removed all my photos and videos.

it says it has 800Mb occupied, while that it is impossible as it has only one file of 260MB present.

how is this possible? i have shut down my ipad several times and booted up again, but no luck.

WHat is the cause and especially how can I solve this?

thx

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:41 AM

hi everyone,

I found the solution:

I installed the app IEXPLORER on a PC.

I went to the DCIM folder and opened each folder. If you find files with a name like ALLPATH, then you delete that folder.

it seems that happened when you try to import photos using the Gizmo to connect SD cards.

also under another folder Thumbnails, you will have to do the same.

I Just did it today and have recovered around 750MB. And it were all photos which. I tried to import before but failed.

it seems that when you import and fail and then try agin. It keeps the old files and doesn't delete it.

hopefully it helps all the people there.

I Just don't understand apple resolving this error.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:41 AM in response to RockyTheRock

hi everyone,

I found the solution:

I installed the app IEXPLORER on a PC.

I went to the DCIM folder and opened each folder. If you find files with a name like ALLPATH, then you delete that folder.

it seems that happened when you try to import photos using the Gizmo to connect SD cards.

also under another folder Thumbnails, you will have to do the same.

I Just did it today and have recovered around 750MB. And it were all photos which. I tried to import before but failed.

it seems that when you import and fail and then try agin. It keeps the old files and doesn't delete it.

hopefully it helps all the people there.

I Just don't understand apple resolving this error.

Wrong usage space for camera roll.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.