Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod nano 7th gen is stuck on a loop of turning on and off.

My ipod nano 7th gen is stuck on a loop of turning on and off, I've already done the reset, and everything that was recommended on other similar questions. it isn't recognized by iTunes except in recovery mode where it allows me to restore but then goes right back to turning on and off once i'm back to normal play mode. Once on recovery mode it works fine and doesn't turn on and off. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled itunes to avail. I'm super frustrated and am hoping that I won't need to buy a new one. Is there anything else I can do before i just toss it out? i'm getting a bit frustrated just watching my ipod turn on to the apple and then turn right back off.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 12:12 AM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 9:55 AM in response to tksunrise

Hi there tksunrise,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4433

Will not turn on or screen remains dark

• Connect iPod to power for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has enough charge to allow iPod to turn on.
  • If iPod does not turn on after ten minutes, try resetting it while it is still connected to power. Reset the iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least six seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.
  • If the screen remains dark and will not turn on, then your iPod may need service.

Issue not resolved

If the issue is still not resolved, please read this information on servicing your iPod.

-Griff W.

My ipod nano 7th gen is stuck on a loop of turning on and off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.