Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAM ISSUE..

RAM issue....i have a macbook pro(4GB RAM), when i first turn on my macbook free space on ram will be 2.9 GB but it the gradually decreases to (7-15 MB) , i need ur help in sorting this out [the file cache increases]

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 2:26 AM

11 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:11 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

MBP mid2012 13inch i5 processor
os x mavericks
i use memory clean to clean my ram from time to time but lately the free space is dropping to 18 mb and near
i referred activity monitor just in case to be sure but the same result..
i tried using terminal (sudo purge) but this works only for some time and then it comes to the same ram free space(1-40mb)
i even went through other threads in which they said that memory pressure is more efficient in mavericks and they stated that ram free space is not to care too much for in mavericks..
but still (1-50)md range?
thank you 🙂

Jul 11, 2014 10:00 AM in response to nithizh

Based on ALL of the information that you have provided, you DO NOT have a RAM problem. Please read this Apple support article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5890

Mavericks will try to use as much RAM as possible and if there is green in 'Memory Pressure', RAM utilization is satisfactory. Since you have 4 GB RAM installed and Mavericks is using 3.8 GB, that is normal and not a problem.

There is no reason to use 'Memory Clean' and I suggest that you abandon it.

If you have performance issues, then it will probably be for reasons other than RAM.

Ciao.

Jul 11, 2014 6:55 PM in response to nithizh

I also have a similar model to yours, 2.9 ghz instead of 2.5ghz, and i7 instead of i5. I also have 8GB of ram instead of 4GB. I when just web browsing, and iTunes listening to music I have 5.5GB being used. I don't really have any "slow" response in my MacBook though besides when just starting up the macbook. That's when I get a slow sluggish animation for a little while then I'm all good.

RAM ISSUE..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.