Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 accessory error

So earlier in the year my third party lightning cable stopped working, I then bought 3 new third party chargers only to go through all the stress of finding out the new update won't allow third party chargers!! So I splurged and bought the real apple charger straight off the apple website. I've had it since April and it's ALREADY starting to show the same error message! "Cable accessory not supported by apple..." I've taken very careful care of it and there is no visible fraying or any other reason I can see that it should be showing this error message so early. Seeing as it's not old and they're expensive I can't afford to be buying a new cable every few months and should have thought that they'd be better quality for the price they ask. Is there any way I'll be able to get a free replacement of any kind? Or trade it in at no cost to me to show that there's been no wrong doing on my part and have this horrible long lasting stressful charger issue resolved?? 😠😠

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 2:59 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5 accessory error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.