Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On the music path ipad app restore problems

Hello!

My name is Georgios Iatropoulos and I use the Greek App Store.

I recently found out that the developers of the "On The Music Path" app don't do business anymore. I did the mistake to uninstall the app in the past, so I erased all of my purchases info. I decided to reinstall the app from itunes, because the app no longer exists in the app store. Everything in the app is working fine. I can see the lessons library and the samples. What I can't do is to buy new lessons, (which I expected), but unfortunately I can't restore my purchases...

I contacted the developers and a guy named Alan was kind enough to answer to my questions. He claims that I should be able to restore my purchases through the buy button and that all lessons are still available through the App Store, but I can't buy new ones. However, when I press buy to the lesson I had already bought, I get the following error:

"Error. Unable to connect to App Store. Please verify your internet connection and App Store settings and try again."

Of course my connection is working fine and my App Store setting are ok, because everything else is working fine.

I also contacted itunes support, and they told me that the can't give me a refund. However, my main concern wasn't a refund, because I prefer tech support in order to get my lessons back!!! In addition, I knew Apple don't do refunds for in app purchases.

So it seems that my big mistake is that I unistalled the app, and I lost my in app purchases record. However, I wonder why the App Store has blocked this app completely and doesn't let me get my purchases back. When I use other apps, App Store knows when you buy something new and when you "buy" something you had bought in the past. Why not with this app? How am I supposed to get my lessons back? I know that Apple isn't responsible for In App purchases, but I think they could provide a better solution to the people who trust the App Store. Providing libraries and samples, but not the bought content is really strange and I think the App Store could be clever enough to distinguish between new purchases and old ones...

Any response would be really appreciated... And I hope App Store will be more reliable with the in app content. Until then I won't buy anything "in app".

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:12 AM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2014 4:01 PM in response to iatropoul

Yes, this is complete crap, but it's worse than you describe.

I bought this app 2 years ago and paid a lot of money for extra lesosons. Now, the app is completely gone ffrom the App Store!

So those of us who have paid Apple more money for a new iPad Air can't even install the app anymore, much less see the lessons we paid all that extra money for.

There should be full refunds or lawsuits going on for stuff like this...

Jul 13, 2014 7:27 PM in response to gail from maine

Didn't say who was specifically responsible. The consumer (us) got screwed. There was no backing up this kind of media with purchased lessons that I'm aware of. You can't install a discontinued product from the store when it no longer exists, to my knowledge.

The app developer screwed people; hopefully there's a very easy mechanism via the App Store for developers that close their apps to refund their customers, if they have the integrity to do so. I'd say that would be Apple's contribution to these cases, if anything.

Aug 4, 2014 1:10 PM in response to gail from maine

Well they may read the feedback, but they don't ever answer. This is not right. I contacted both itunes support, and the developer who owned the company "on the path". The sure thing is that one of them lies. The developer, named Alan Kozlowski, said to me that I can restore my purchases, and that all lessons are available to the store. The app is discontinued, but I had the app saved in my itunes library. Unfortunately this is not true... You can't restore anything... On the other hand Apple says that they don't know anything to help me... The only thing they know is that they don't do refunds.

I also asked Alan to provide me some links to the lesson videos at least after providing him my store receipts... No response... But in the app he clearly states that the customer can have access to the lessons forever... Unless forever means until we discontinue the app without further notice...

I agree that this is not the "apple" way of doing business and we the customers got screwed. That is also why I stopped buying anything from the store for several months now... It's not that I stopped liking apple or the store... I am just afraid of losing my money again.

Dec 21, 2014 12:42 PM in response to iatropoul

silent abandoning was a great reference. If this was a cd copy, we wouldn't have this problem. We rely on apple whether intermediary or not, to support us. Don't know about you but I do not want my money back, rather, I want my content back. I travel on the road with my guitar and this was my only respite. No other program even compares. Vote of no confidence apple regardless of the legal script. This wasn't a 99 cent song we lost nor is this a way to keep my market share. When there are other options, I'll gladly be taking them. If any of you guys figure out a way to share, please let me know. I still have the app showing purchased orders but unable to download and will support anything we can do to remedy this from occurring again. Happy Holidays. Joe

On the music path ipad app restore problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.