Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

air play icon no longer displayed

I have been streaming from my 1-year old MacBook Air running OS X 10.9.4 to my apple tv 2 for over a year now. However a couple of days ago I have lost the air play icon from my top ribbon and have lost connection from the two devices. System Preferences > Displays is unable to detect the Apple TV device. I have tried solutions ranging from disk verifications/repairs using the disk doctor utility to re-loading OS X 10.9.4 with no joy. Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong and how to fix my MacBook Air and detect my Apple TV? thanks!

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 4:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 7:34 AM in response to robertfrombasel

Hi there robertfrombasel,

You may find the troubleshooting steps toward the bottom of the article below helpful.

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

If you don't see mirroring options

If your Mac and Apple TV are on the same network, but no AirPlay Mirroring menu appears, your Apple TV may be asleep. Simply press a button on your Apple TV remote to wake it up. After a few seconds, the AirPlay Mirroring menu extra appears. If you still don't see the options you expect, make sure your Apple TV has the currentsoftware update installed. Also make sure that you have the "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" option selected in the Displays pane of System Preferences.

User uploaded file

-Griff W.

air play icon no longer displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.