Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to purchase books from the American App Store!

I have a Saudi Visa credit card and I can't purchase iBooks when I switch to my American App Store account.

The Saudi iBookStore only has very old and classic books.

Any solutions?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 5:38 AM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2014 12:44 AM in response to Samerman

You need to be in a country to use its store, unless you are in the US and have a US billing address on your account then you can't use the US store - by using a US account whilst in Saudi Arabia you are violating the store's terms that you agreed to. Are there other ebook apps/stores available in the Saudi store e.g. Amazon/Kindle, Nook, Kobo etc ?

Jul 10, 2014 1:07 AM in response to Samerman

All content (ibooks, apps, music etc) is supplied to Apple by the content providers to sell on a country-by-country basis (they want control over where their content is sold), each country therefore has to have its own store, and you have to be in a country (and have a billing address in that country on your account) to use its store. You can try requesting that the books be added to the Saudi store, but without the rights-holders agreement Apple wont be able to sell it there : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html (as fas as I can see no paid-for books are currently available in the Saudi store, I assume that so far not enough publishers have agreed to let Apple sell paid-for books there)

If you are trying to use the US store when not in the US then you violating the store's terms that you have agreed to - Apple could potentially permanently disable the account.

Need to purchase books from the American App Store!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.