Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Audio Out of Sync

I am exporting a file from FCP X to Compressor 4.1.2 in order to burn a DVD. The FCP X export is 3840 X 2160, 24 fps progressive, with audio at 48KHz. When I select the "Create DVD" preset in Compressor the resulting DVD's audio shifts over time and gets progressively out of sync as the film progresses. After looking at various posts online it seems that this is usually a frame rate problem, but when I select the "Create DVD" preset in Compressor and try to select 24 fps in the video inspector it switches to 23.976 and the resulting DVD has out of sync audio. Setting the frame rate to "Automatic" also results in a DVD with out of sync audio. Is there any setting I can make such that the audio will sync correctly?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 7:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2014 10:03 AM in response to spurn555

24 frame rate should work if the audio is 48 kHz.

Try a different workflow, Share directly to DVD from Compressor FCP X or export a Pro Res master file and bring the exported file into Compressor as the source file.

In FCP X, use the Range tool to mark a representative section to test for drift and choose hard drive for output device to save the media and time.

Russ

DVD Audio Out of Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.