Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game error

Hi all

When I try opening a number of games on my iMac, I am getting the error message (for example SDH) “Stardom hollywood" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "Stardom hollywood and download it again from the App Store"

It's really weird that none of my other Apps apart from games like “Secret Mission the Forgotten Island” and the above example get the error.

So something is specifically wrong with my iMac

Perplexed...

iMac

27-inch, Late 2013

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Software OS X 10.9 (13A1900)

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 9:01 AM

10 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:15 AM in response to Anu Mutha

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode - About

Jul 11, 2014 8:03 AM in response to Anu Mutha

Note the data and time and then try to open a game. Then go to Applications/Utilities/Console and copy the log starting at the time of the crash. Paste the log in a reply. Please do not use a screen shot as they can be hard to read. If there are repeated runs of the same messages, please post only one run. Be selective about what you post and don’t post huge amounts. Make sure there is no personal data visible. Information learned from Linc Davis.

Game error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.