Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my brand new iphone 5 earphones have no sound coming out of the right ear!!!

So my friend just got a new iphone 5c, and they never use the earphones so right away they gave them to me. Taking them straight from the pckage the next day to use them. I find out that there is no sound coming out of the right earbud. I do have an android so i tried them with an iphone and they didnt work. I have tried messing with the wire, and i have also tried different pairs of earphones which have all worked themselves. They were plugged in all the way and still just dont work. how can i get them fixed.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 10:46 AM

test the headset in a computer or any other of the tons of devices which use 3.5mm minijack connectors

or test another 3.5mm minijack headset in the phone

the minijack connector type been pretty much std. in most things since the 1980s when the sony walkman was released so there are plenty of them about

if the other headset works in your phone the iPhone headset is defect

if the headset works in the computer or mp3 player or... the iPhones headset connector is defect

if the other headset don't work in your phone the iPhone headset connector is defect

if the headset don't work in the computer or mp3 player or... the iPhone headset is defect

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2014 10:46 AM in response to art_of_illusion

test the headset in a computer or any other of the tons of devices which use 3.5mm minijack connectors

or test another 3.5mm minijack headset in the phone

the minijack connector type been pretty much std. in most things since the 1980s when the sony walkman was released so there are plenty of them about

if the other headset works in your phone the iPhone headset is defect

if the headset works in the computer or mp3 player or... the iPhones headset connector is defect

if the other headset don't work in your phone the iPhone headset connector is defect

if the headset don't work in the computer or mp3 player or... the iPhone headset is defect

my brand new iphone 5 earphones have no sound coming out of the right ear!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.