Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi on iphone doesn't work in certain parts of my home

So I got home from a trip to Key West, and I installed the new 7,1,2 and I noticed my wifi wasn't really working while I was in my room. I thought it was just my internet was acting up so I let it be. Then after a little I tried to go on facebook, instagram, pretty much any app that uses internet and it just wouldn't load and then I'd go on safari and it wouldn't work either it would just keep loading and then after awhile my my wifi would disconnect from my phone. I went to my parents room (Which is where the router is) and my wifi started working. So I went back to my room and then it stopped working. I noticed that my wifi on my phone only works when I'm in the living room or my parents room (The living room is right next to my parents room) and this is ODD because before my trip it wasn't doing this. I personally don't know if it is because of the new IOS update but this is very frustrating. I have a Gateway laptop and a xbox 360 in my room and they both connect to the wifi easily and work fine (Al though the internet on my computer is a little slow) , I have at&t uverse btw. I tried everything. Forgetting this network, Resetting internet settings, resetting my phone, resetting the router. My parents and brothers also have iphones and their wifi works in any part of the house. I took our ipad and put it in my room and turned off wifi for both my iphone and the ipad for 10 secs then turned it on and the ipad connects quick and safari works fine, but my phone just won't connect to the wifi when I'm in my room. Any Ideas?.. What should I do/can do

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 10:22 AM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2014 10:28 AM in response to JoshiexD

Hi JoshiexD,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

The following attached article has a lot of great steps for isolating and resolving network related issues with your iPhone. I know you have done a lot of these steps already, but please go through all of the valid troubleshooting and let me know if you need further assistance.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Have a great day,

-Joe

Jul 9, 2014 6:56 PM in response to JoshiexD

i had the same problem with my iphone4. I'm using a 4s now but my iphone4 did the same as your phones doing. What I did was open the back and tighten the wifi antenna. after that my iPhone connected to the wifi In any part of my house. Look up on how to open the back of your phone and how to tighten the wifi antenna without damaging your phone. Good luck!

My wifi on iphone doesn't work in certain parts of my home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.