Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot adjust brightness on win 8.1 x64(i have a WEIRD solution)

macbook pro 13' with retina display

win 8.1 x64

i cannot adjust the screen brightness

i turned off "adjust my screen brightness automatically".

i reinstalled boot camp.

i reinstalled the drivers of intel video card(5100).

the above solutions help nothing.

BUT, at last, i found a WEIRD solution to fix this issue:

1. adjust your screen resolution.

2. select an option of resolution(whatever you want, select an option casually).

3. click "Apply"

4. press ESC(cancel to change screen resolution)

5. now, adjusting screen brightness is AVAILABLE!

now, my question is: HOW TO FINALLY FIX THIS ISSUE?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 9:59 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2014 10:12 AM in response to itonyday

I had a similar issue when I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on my last MacBook Pro. You know how Bootcamp downloads the support drivers for your machine? Those drivers are the instructions for the each component. I messed up a step on installing it and my secondary click wouldn't work, I couldn't adjust the brightness of the screen or keyboard, and I couldn't run games because the drivers didn't install correctly for my machine. You need a USB drive, an iSO Image, a blank DVD or CD with 4GB or more storage, a disk drive with read/write capabilities, and your Mac. If you have a desktop like the iMac or Mac mini, I believe you need a USB mouse and keyboard until the drivers are installed. Follow this video and in it there are two links, one for uTorrent and one for Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. If you don't have uTorrent, download it and install from the link. Ignore the link to the Windows 7 32-Bit download. I found a 64-bit version if you'd like or browse the piratebay for windows 8, but I highly suggest a 64-bit version as I believe they can handle more and do more compared to a 32-bit.

Here's a link to the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQmvMCbiwY

Here's a link to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6349390/Windows_7_Ultimate_(64_Bit)_Pre_Activated _by_c4rl05.iso

If these don't solve the

cannot adjust brightness on win 8.1 x64(i have a WEIRD solution)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.