Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How just to roll back my whole iMac to some condition from a Time Capsule backup?

Hello!

Is there any way just to roll back condition of my iMac to some backup point from TC? Withoual all this searching for needed files and copying them to Documents folder and then sorting them back to the folders they intended to be?

Isn't there some easier way just to roll back the condition to previous backup point?

iMac 2012 27"

OS X 10.9.4

Time Capsule 3TB 2011

#backup

#restore

#restoration

#time_capsule

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 10:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2014 1:20 PM in response to Alejandro_64

There may not be once you have gone to a later OS it is very difficult to go back, to earlier versions.

You also need to wait a long long time when using TM for the display to populate as the indexing takes forever. Make sure your computer is connected to the TC by ethernet and see if it doesn't eventually populate the TM display.

Read the Q14-17 here.

http://pondini.org/TM/FAQ.html

Do not expect to simply select a date and have TM take the computer back to Mountain Lion for instance.. it is not going to happen.

Jul 7, 2014 6:50 PM in response to LaPastenague

No. Not OS version.

But just an easier way to restore a state of computer from previous backup on TC. Without all this voodoo dancing with finding the uninstalled application among the folders in Time Machine, then restoring it to the "Documents" folder (flooding "My Files" folder, thus making it unusable), then trying to find out where this application was installed and copying it there.

Why I cannot just press a button and have my machine become as it was a hour or a day ago? With all the applications installed or documents existing?

Windows can.

How just to roll back my whole iMac to some condition from a Time Capsule backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.